cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Why HomeRouter-PT-AC make the network DC?

alkusr
Level 1
Level 1

Somebody can help me?
I'm trying to solve the problem when I must put 16 of HomeRouter in the Packet tracer, it works well when I put 5 routers [see 1st Image]
But when I deploy the 6th some devices be disconnected. [see 2nd image]
do you know how to solve it?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

I built a small network consisting of seven wireless routers (see file attached). Everything is set to DHCP and works flawlessly.

Check if there are any differences with yours...

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Hello,

post the zipped Packet Tracer project (.pkt) file...

Here it is

Hello,

the first thing I noticed is that basically all of your IP addressing on all devices is wrong. To start out with, make sure you use consistent IP addresses and subnet masks, as in the example below:

Wireless Router LAN

178.16.0.1/24

PC

Default Gateway

IP Address

172.16.0.3/24

It's alright, but I tried with the default setting DHCP and still can't connect, if I deploy with many devices using the home router,
but all work fine when I use [WirelessRouter WRT300N]

The main problem when I use many home routers is the wireless device on laptop and pc can't detect any wifi signal anymore

Hello,

I built a small network consisting of seven wireless routers (see file attached). Everything is set to DHCP and works flawlessly.

Check if there are any differences with yours...

Thanks for your response, it helps me well. I'll try to configure the router again.
So this basically just a problem in router configuration

Hello,

keep in mind that Packet Tracer is a great tool, but it does not simulate full featured IOS devices. A lot of things don't work as they would on a real device, and a lot of functionality is missing. In your specific case, I used class C addresses (with /24 masks), somehow it looks like the routers and devices like that more than the class B addresses you used. Not sure why that is, it might just be one of the quirks of Packet Tracer...

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card