Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows IP Conflict Issues 0.0.0.0 in WIRED and WIRELESS Access

john.dejesus
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Just wanted to ask some insights on how to resolve this know issue in windows 7 and cisco devices.

"http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/ios-nx-os-software/8021x/116529-problemsolution-product-00.html"

I already implemented the ip device tracking probe delay 10 but still having problems with ip conflict. I'm still puzzled why is it that on windows event logs, the mac address that it had conflict with is the mac address of SVI.

The core switch is 6513 and all connected via trunk links to multiple 4510 switches. I only implemented the ip device tracking probe delay 10 in the access layer switches. Should I also implement it in the core?

Thanks,

John

2 Replies 2

john.dejesus
Level 1
Level 1

this issue is specific only for IPDT feature in cisco devices this is based from my understanding. If my understanding is correct, then ip dhcp snooping, ip arp inspection and ip source guard can replace the IPDT feature in my network and would still able to get the same tracking of ip addresses and mac associations of the devices connected to the network and this should resolve the windows 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 ip conflict issue. Can anyone here confirm if this will resolve or not?

Hi John

I am seeing this same issue. Ive logged a call with the TAC and they just keep asking me to setup the DHCP scope again and check for statics :)

Ive changed the delay to 10 as well as changing the session timeout for the SSID have helped reduce the number of conflicts. But then added "nmsp attachment suppress" to each of the interfaces between the core and the server switch which also helped. I went from seeing 10 a day to about 2. 

The next thing i can see is adding the suppress to all switch interfaces.

Im running a 4500e as the core and the access is 3850s with a Win2k8 dhcp server.

Did you manage to find anything else?

Ta

David

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card