Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows VM Server is inaccessible after restarted

Noside
Level 1
Level 1

have a widows server (VM) complaining

"The system detected an address conflict for Ip address 172.16.6.181 with system having network hardware address 1C:DE:F7:BD:55:56. Netwrok operations on this system may be disrupted as a result". screenshot attached. 

The MAC address 1C:DE:F7:BD:55:56 is Gi0/1 of Cisco ASA Firewall. After googling, the issue seems caused by IPDT 

the duplicatioin only happens after the windows server reboot and you need to unplug and plug the LAN cable to make it accessible again. 

Can anyone help me as the show ip device tracking int gi0/1 is not working in Cisco ASA Firewall? Thanks

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>...The MAC address 1C:DE:F7:BD:55:56 is Gi0/1 of Cisco ASA Firewall.
 - Are you sure because the prefix 1C:DE:F7 is unknown (not vendor allocated) according to various mac address lookup tools on the Net , might be a bogus user , you could also try to track it by looking at mac address tables on switches , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Please find again the correct scenario. Thanks

have a widows server (VM) complaining

"The system detected an address conflict for Ip address 172.16.6.181 with system having network hardware address 6C:B2:AE:3A:56:57. Netwrok operations on this system may be disrupted as a result". screenshot attached. 

The MAC address 6C:B2:AE:3A:56:57 is Gi0/1 of Cisco ASA Firewall. After googling, the issue seems caused by IPDT 

the duplicatioin only happens after the windows server reboot and you need to unplug and plug the LAN cable to make it accessible again. 

Can anyone help me as the show ip device tracking int gi0/1 is not working in Cisco ASA Firewall? Thanks

friend if I am right and there is ASA in network then disable proxy-arp in NAT 
My Network Security Journal: Cisco ASA Firewall 'no-proxy-arp' Command (ccnpsecuritywannabe.blogspot.com)

the ASA can send arp for IP and VM server detect conflict 
check link above 

Where can i disable proxy-arp in NAT? in interface Gi0/1 or in priviledge/global command? Thanks

VM-SW-ASA
the interface of ASA connect to VM server 
check any NAT in ASA inlcude that interface and add no proxy-arp 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card