cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless access points won't work on SG300 switch

DanDierking0777
Level 1
Level 1

I'm scratching my head, I have an SG300 switch connected to an SG200 switch via an ethernet cable. The SG200 is connected to my WatchGuard firewall via an ethernet cable. I run WatchGuard AP120 wireless access points. If I have the AP's connected to the SG200, they work fine. If I connect an AP to the SG300, it won't allow devices to connect to the internet. On my IPhone for example, no matter what SSID I connect to, it say's 'no internet connection'. I have VLAN's setup on both switches and have verified they are setup correctly. At this point, I don't know what else to check. Any ideas? I've attached the running config for both switches.

3 Replies 3

Hello,

since you are using Vlans, and since the only device able to do layer 3 routing is the SG300, which is set to switch mode, I assume the Vlan routing is done on the WatchGuard firewall ?

At the very least, you need to change the default gateway on the SG300 to the IP address of the Vlan 1 interface of the SG200:

ip default-gateway 192.168.0.55

Can you at least ping the SG200 from the SG300 when you correct the gateway ?

Actually, forget about changing the default gateway on the SG300, I misread what you have posted. Either way, can you ping each switch from the other ?

Yes, pings were successful both ways.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card