Views
Helpful
Replies

wireless

shawnmic1
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Team,

I have a problem regarding wireless connection to internet, In my LAN setup whenever i connect to youtube the channel webpage opens up properly but when you click any videos to view the buffering goes on and when you refresh the page sometimes in comes up.I have 4500 series WLAN with 16 Aironet APs it happens with all the APs not a particular one, its starnge now i cant avoid it. I checked with the diffrent broswers, tried with windows, androids and apple phones have the same thing. At the begining it was with the apple phones but no evrything that is connected to WiFi is getting affected. The wired LAN is working fine.

Please suggest me how to troublshoot this one.

5 Replies 5

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages wha2tsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

It might be your APs or wireless environment.

You might first begin troubleshooting by comparing your bandwidth demand vs. your (actually available/usable) wireless bandwidth.  You might also check your wireless "air" quality.

Dear Joseph,

Thanks for replying me

can you please advise me more on the air quality, the bandithwidth is fine, but whenever you open youtube the page comes up properly, but when you click the video, the ads works fine it plays, and then the buffering starts. I know that there is something wrong in the wireless controller.

Hello,

this could also be caused by MTU size. Try changing it with the 'ip mtu' interface command and see if that makes a difference. Try 1500 or 1462.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have 4500 series WLAN with 16 Aironet APs it happens with all the APs not a particular one

There is no such thing as a "4500" Cisco controller.  

Can you provide more details?

sorry i mean 2500 series wlan

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card