cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WS-C2960X-48LPD-L seems to have problems with dual vlans (data-voice)

caromay02
Level 1
Level 1

HI and thanks in advance.

Environment

A NEW sector with 80 positions (recently created, certified, ALL new, except the cisco 2960X)

Cisco stack

4 sw stack WS-C2960X-48LPD-L,

version - 15.2(2)E3,

image - C2960X-UNIVERSALK9- M

configured ports like this

interface GigabitEthernetx/x/x
description Vlan 106 VoiP 620
switchport access vlan 106
switchport mode access
switchport voice vlan 620
spanning-tree portfast

The problem:

So i take a laptop and a VoIP phone, go to the room, check every desk/position with the laptop.

it works fine

test with VoIP phone...it works first, BUT if you check again...it gets NO network

In fact, from the 80 new positions the VoIP phones (I tested several ones UNIFY openscape cp600) seems to fail if you check them twice, I mean, I connect it to, let´s say position 1, then try position 2, then again position 1..and fails (no network/no IP)

And they work randomly at the 80 positions, this is, there is no parameter, you can connect a phone in positio 1 and works, positio 23 and it does not, positio 77 and it does.

If I conenct them directly to the switches, is the same result (so I can discard problems with cabling, remember, is a new certified project, so there is NO cabling problem, but just in case)

If I configure switch3 with only data vlan and switch 4 with only Voice vlan, it works

So the problem seems to be the dual-vlan.

BUT I have 10 more IDFs (cisco stacks) all over the building with 50 2960 X an XR with SAME configuration, SAME VoIP pjones..and they all work fine..in fact, they are working from 2018.

I am really confused because i find no clue.

I deleted all config and re-configured it from scratch...same mistake.

Bear in mind that there is NO host/phone actually connected to the stack, I am just checking the room with a few devices to get it ready for the newcomers, so the stack is empty, no PoE problem/power supply overheat or whatever...just a clean stack that seems not to support dual vlan...when all the rest of the building and over 50 cisco switches do as a charm.

any idea?

Thanks in advance

16 Replies 16

Yes , you can take it on a laptop and see if your switches are getting packets from both vlan. 

## Make sure to mark post as helpful, If it resolved your issue. ##

## Make sure to mark post as helpful, If it resolved your issue. ##

Hi, Mohsiala

yes, they get both vlans

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card