Views
Helpful
Replies

WS-C2960X-48TS-IN:Interface Line Protocol flapping UP/Down continuously Issue

gauravvgl
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

4 Switches are configured in stack and its port are randomly flapping like: line protocol of interface is UP DOWN.

file is attached to see the logs.

Firmware 

Please provide the resolution. 

4 Replies 4

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there,

Nothing unusual about the configuration.

I would turn my attention to the devices connected to gi1/0/23 and gi2/0/45. What are they?

In the past I've seen printers exhibiting behavior like this. they would keep flapping their ports if the switch got reloaded. The resolution was to reboot the printers themselves.

Your end devices may be different, but the solution may be the same. :)

cheers,

Seb.

Dear,

End devices are computers only, even is not only gi1/0/23 and gi2/0/45 interfaces, 

random interface are flapping.

and computer are shutdown and restart in shift timings.

Are you saying that every interface on all stack members will flap at some point??

If it is only a small subset of interface which are affected then I would focus my attention on the NICs installed in the computers. Are they all the same type? Has a driver update recently been pushed to them?

Dear,

Till now, we did not find the exact interfaces which are flapping but interfaces are random between switch stack.

and its not happening all the time like, i see log for one or two interface and sometimes i see the logs of many interfaces.

Regarding "I would focus my attention on the NICs installed in the computers. Are they all the same type? Has a driver update recently been pushed to them?"

I need to ask it from local desktop engineer.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card