cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WS-C3560-24PS IOS Upgrade

nohara
Level 1
Level 1

I currently have a WS-C3560-24PS with SW Version 12.1(19)EA1d. The lowest version I can find on Cisco is 12.2(25)SE but the minimum IOS version needed for the upgrade is 12.2(18)SE. I am unable to find 12.2(18)SE. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

7 Replies 7

Hi

You could upgrade to the last one: c3560-ipbasek9-mz.122-55.SE11.bin 

Try the Cisco website:

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=278546113&flowid=2533&softwareid=280805680&release=12.2.55-SE11&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=ED&reltype=latest

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

That is the same link I was looking at and there is no 12.2(18)SE which is the minimum IOS version required for upgrade.

I think you could hop from your IOS to this version using CLI, but you probably will need available space.

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Generally, whatever you need that's found in 12.2(18)SE should be found in all later releases.

The 12.2(55)SE11 that Julio recommended is considered a very stable/solid release train.

So from 12.1(19)EA1d I am able to upgrade to 12.2.55-SE11?

Yes, you can, but you need to verify the current space on your devices, in some situations you need to remove the old IOS in order to get space for the new one but never restart the switch until a new IOS is installed.

You can also get a backup of your config and old IOS via TFTP or FTP.

:-)

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The lowest version I can find on Cisco is 12.2(25)SE but the minimum IOS version needed for the upgrade is 12.2(18)SE.

This is the first time I've seen anyone wanting to downgrade to the lowest IOS version. 

Any particular reason why? 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card