Views
Helpful
Replies

WS-C3560X-24T-L and routing

dtamayonavarro
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have the following problem with a switch WS-C3560X-24T-L comes with IOS-C3560E-mz.122-55.SE5 universalk9. The role of this team is to make the routing between VLANs and access switch and the commands to make these settings are not, eg, ip rourting, router, etc..

Is not this is the team that does not support it (from what I've read if supported) or the version of IOS.

Someone could give me a hand with this please.

very grateful

atte.

Daniel

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Gregory Snipes
Level 4
Level 4

From what I read here I belive you are trying to perform routing on a 3560X and are having some problems.

The capabilities of the 3560X are not determined by the image on the device, they are determined by the licence file. To do routing on this device you would need to be running the IP Base or IP Services image. Here is a sheet that talks about the capabilities of each level of licence. To see what licence you are currently running, use the "show license detail" command.

Best regards,

Greg

View solution in original post

The LAN Base licence that your device has is only capable of layer 2 function. You will need a licence upgrade for layer 3 routing. Please see the "Product Activation Process" section of the 3560X datasheet for the proper PAK part number.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Gregory Snipes
Level 4
Level 4

From what I read here I belive you are trying to perform routing on a 3560X and are having some problems.

The capabilities of the 3560X are not determined by the image on the device, they are determined by the licence file. To do routing on this device you would need to be running the IP Base or IP Services image. Here is a sheet that talks about the capabilities of each level of licence. To see what licence you are currently running, use the "show license detail" command.

Best regards,

Greg

Greg

this is result of shown licencse detail

License Store: Primary License Storage

StoreIndex: 0   Feature: lanbase                           Version: 1.0

License Type: Permanent

License State: Active, In Use

License Priority: Medium

License Count: Non-Counted

with this license I can't to be routing? 

I need buy IP Base o IP services license?

Best regards,

The LAN Base licence that your device has is only capable of layer 2 function. You will need a licence upgrade for layer 3 routing. Please see the "Product Activation Process" section of the 3560X datasheet for the proper PAK part number.

ok.

thanks a lot.

Glad to help, please remember to mark correct solutions for future forum browsers.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card