cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WS-C3750G-12S not booting / can't even get to bootloader prompt

Robert Ulmer
Level 1
Level 1

WS-C3750G-12S switch was part of a stack of 2 identical switches. Stack was rebooted after upgrade to 12.2(55)SE6. SwitchMaster failed to boot and getting %Software-forced reload errors causing infinite loop of boot attempts.

I have disconnected the second switch (non-stack master switch) and have attempted to boot the switch independently but it never gets past what appears to be the most basic of startup / booting functions.

When I apply power, after the light test where all the LEDs light up, the STAT LED blinks six (6) times and then stays on solid. No traffic is sent to the console. It just sits there.

The Cisco documentation says to delete the config.text file to reset the switch back to factory defaults... but I can't even get to the bootloader prompt to even try that.

The switch was previously at fw 12.2(25)SEC and was flashed to 12.2(55)SE6. The files were confirmed as to being installed on the switch prior to the reboot that caused the other switch to go into it's reboot loop.

Has anyone seen this or have any ideas how I can keep this from becoming a paper weight, or a target for when I go to the range next time?

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you have a valid maintenance contract you can opt to RMA the product or get a "free" upgrade to a 3750X-12S.

Leo,

Thank you for replying.

That is a good question. This switch is one that our corporate IT department had on a shelf. I know we have some level of a contract with Cisco, just not sure if this switch is covered.

As I write this, the switch came back with a

Code checksum failed--memory corruption likely

%Software-forced reload

message. It's looking more and more like a boat anchor. But I'll check to see if it is covered first.

Thanks again.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card