Views
Helpful
Replies

WS-C3750X-48P not working with C3KX-NM-10G

MFLauder
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have a stack of 7 -  WS-C3750X-48P and I installed 2 additonal C3KX-NM-10G today due to needing 10Gig connections to 9606 Cores. It is running 12.2(55)SE3. The SFPs I'm using are Curvature brand SFP-10G-LR on either side and I have 2 interfaces in a Port Channel; same on the 9606 side. 
Only one of the port channel members shows up/up and bundled in the port channel and I cannot get the other to come up. 
I even removed all the SFPs from the new modules and installed a copper SFP, configured gi3/1/3 as an access port and my laptop never gets an IP address on that port. I do get an IP on any other gi3/0/1-48 port on the same switch in the same access VLAN. 

Has anyone seen anything like this in their environment? I'm thinking maybe these modules aren't hot insertable and I need to reboot? 

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Looking at the compatibility matrix, copper SFP should work with 12.2(55)SE3.

https://tmgmatrix.cisco.com/?si=C3750x

So, it could be an issue with the SFPs as they are not Cisco SFPs. Sometimes, Cisco devices don't work well with non Cisco SFPs. A reboot also may help.

HTH 

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

C3KX-NM-10G only has two ports that can support 10 Gbps optics.  

The combination are:  

• 4 x 1 Gbps
  • 2 x 10 Gbps

Hello, Verify Configuration: Double-check the configuration of the port channel and the interfaces involved. Ensure that the port channel configuration matches on both switches and that the interfaces are properly configured as members of the port channel. Check Compatibility: Confirm that the SFP-10G-LR modules you are using are compatible with your switches and meet the required specifications. Ensure that they are properly inserted and seated in the module slots. Verify Link Status: Check the link status on both ends of the connection. Ensure that the link lights are active and indicating a proper link connection. You can also check the interface status using the "show interface" command on the switch. Check Cable and Fiber Connections: Examine the fiber or copper cable connections to ensure they are securely connected. Verify that the cable type (single-mode or multimode) matches the SFP module specifications. Confirm Module Compatibility: Ensure that the C3KX-NM-10G modules are compatible with your switches and that they are installed correctly in the stack. Refer to the product documentation or contact the manufacturer for specific compatibility information. Reboot if Necessary: If you suspect that the modules may require a reboot to properly initialize, you can try rebooting the affected switch or the entire stack to see if that resolves the issue. However, this should be considered as a last resort and should be performed during a maintenance window.  MyBKExperience Survey

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card