cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WS-X4606-X2-E= and adapter CVR-X2-SFP10G= compatibility with supervisor 6LE in cat4507R+E

reggiani
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have a doubt about this compatibility. We want to insert a 6 port 10G module WS-X4606-X2-E= with adapters CVR-X2-SFP10G= in a 4507R+E chassis equipped with an old supervisor 6LE

The compatibility is not so simple to verify or not.....

In the data sheet of the supervisor &LE we founf that the module  WS-X4606-X2-E= is supported, but only the CVR adapter 1G is mentioned.....this could be because only this data sheet has not been update once the new adapter 10G has been launched.

So we need further investigation...

If we find in the compatibility matrix of the 10G transceiver

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/interfaces_modules/transceiver_modules/compatibility/matrix/10GE_Tx_Matrix.html

we read that the adapter CVR-X2-SFP10G= is compatible with supervisor 6LE only directly in the supervisor port.

In the matrix the association of the WS-X4606-X2-E= with the CVR-X2-SFP10G= is supported only in supervisor 6E (not 6LE).......but this colud be only a little imprecision in the matrix.....it seems strange to me that with sup 6LE the adapter 10G is supported only directly in the sup but not by means of the 6 port module...

I've just opened a presale case in CCO and they've replied that the adapters 10G are compatible in any case..but I don't know if they have gone deeply in the question.

can someone give me a little more secure information?

thanks!

bye

Andrew

0 Replies 0
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card