Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1080p30 between C60s at 1472 kbps

Hello,

The Cisco C60 administrator guide says that it is possible to get HD1080p 30fps quality at 1472 kbps. But I can not see that. I made a point to point connection between two C60s. When I set the camera setting of the C60 to "motion", I see it can do 720p30 at 1472kbps. When I set the camera setting of the C60 to "sharpness", I see it can do 1080p but with 20 or 25 frame rates at 1472kbps. When I increase the call rate 2560 kbps it can do 1080p30. How can I make the C60s do 1080p30 1,5 Mbps?

Best regards,

Tufan   

3 Replies 3

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Get the admin guide and read up on "optimal definition"

Be aware that you should only use the high profile in ideal conditions. (perfect lighting, room/background, ...)

Taken from the admin guide:

Optimal definition profiles

Under ideal lighting conditions the bandwidth (call rate) requirements can be substantially reduced.

The optimal definition profile should reflect the lighting conditions in your room and the quality of the video input (camera); the better the lighting conditions and video input, the higher the profile. Then, in good lighting conditions, the video encoder will provide better quality (higher resolution or frame rate) for a given call rate.

In general, we recommend the optimal definition profile set to Normal. However, if lighting conditions are good we recommend that you test the endpoint on the various Optimal Definition Profile settings before deciding on a profile.

Go to Advanced Configuration on the web interface and navigate to Video > Input > Source [1..n] > OptimalDefinition > Profile to select the preferred optimal definition profile.

You can set a resolution threshold below which the maximum frame rate will be 30 fps.

Go to Advanced Configuration on the web interface and navigate to Video > Input > Source [1..n] > OptimalDefinition > Threshold60fps to set the threshold.

The video input quality settings must be set to Motion for the optimal definition settings to take any effect. With the video input quality set to Sharpness, the endpoint will transmit the highest resolution possible, regardless of frame rate.

Go to Advanced Configuration on the web interface and navigate to Video > Input > Source [1..n] > Quality to set the video quality parameter to Motion.

You can read more about the video settings in the Advanced settings chapter.

High:

HighTypically used in dedicated video conferencing rooms. Requires very good lighting conditions and a good quality video input to achieve a good overall experience.Under ideal conditions the bandwidth requirements can be reduced by up to 50% compared to Normal.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Thanks. I need to show that to the customer. I tried all things above but it didn't work. Actually I can not see the C60s can do more than 30 fps with 1080p even if they says they ara capable for 1080p60. I tried that in any rate including 6 Mbps. In fact we need to see 1080p30 at 1472 kbps but I think it would be easier if I can make the C60 do 60 fps in any rate.

Is it possible for you to test that in your lab systems? Or is it possible to provide a URI address of a video conferencing system supporting 1080p60 in any rate or 1080p30 at 1472 kbps?

Best regards,

Tufan

Hi!

Endpoint wise I do not have that much available. If somebody has a C90/C60/C40 which he

does not need, let me know ;-)

Regards your question, I think you did not mention 1080p60 before.

Check out the TC6 release notes, they have a chapter about what supoprts 1080p60.

In short, not all C60, only the latest ones, you can see it on the system info page.

And again, just that you can get a higher resolution with a lower bandwidth does not mean

that you are going to be happy about it. You have to match the requirements around it.

But sure if you have a well designed room it is possible.

Please rate the Messages and check the thread as answered if it is.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify