cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3511e Persistent Presence Video Quality

dvigna
Level 1
Level 1

I am having an issue with a 3511e and using the persistent presence feature.

I only have two choices for the video format and both are not acceptablle from the users point of view.

I have had to up the bandwidth to 768 to increase the quality.

Has any one else run into this? Is there a fix? The TAC provided 4.0 Beta OS code but this doesn't appear to be helping.

Other engineers mentioned that they didn't think the 3511 supported the persistent presence feature. Should a 3540 have been used instead? would this increase performance at a lower bandwidth or present me with more video format options?

1 Reply 1

ebreniz
Level 6
Level 6

Continuous Presence conference:

Basic windowed display shows four conference participants at a time In conferences with five or more participants, voice detection automatically switches an off-screen speaker into one of the display windows

Enhanced Continuous Presence (options)

Continuous Presence mode enables an enhanced and simultaneous view of conference participants, with a choice of 26 different layouts that can vary from 16, 1+12, 2+8, 9, 1+7, 3+4, 1+5, 4, 3, 2, and 1

Unique "Picture in Picture" display

Dynamic layout according to the number of conference participants

Multiple voice-activated modes, including All See One, You See Me, Auto-Zoom, and recent Automatic Switching

Text and frame overlay

Supports symmetrical and asymmetrical up and down streams for optimal bandwidth utilization

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/video/ps1870/products_data_sheet0900aecd801c5e66.html