Views
Helpful
Replies

3rd party 2nd Mic for SX20

christiangrant1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

Sorry if this question has arisen before, but......

I'm trying to connect a non-cisco mic into an SX20's 2nd mic input and struggling to make it work. Is it possible? Is there a pin out for the 3.5mm Jack (4 pole)?

Also, when connecting the cisco mic (comes with unit) into 2nd mic input, I get no audio or visual meter movement within settings. Do I need to activate the 2nd mic?

Any help would be great. 

Thanks for your time.

Christian

2 Replies 2

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Wrong forum for such question, so little chance you will got valuable response. Use blue [ EDIT ] button on top of page to move discussion to TelePresence community.

Hi Christian,

Cisco SX20 codecs are designed not for integration and interface it with other 3rd party devices like microphones. It's not 100 percent guaranteed that will work.

Please refer to this Pin-out for MIC/input/output for SX20:

Test the mic that comes with Cisco SX20 unit and plug to mic 1 input labeled with blue mic icon. Make sure the Mic is connected properly and not muted and the VU meter should move if signal is detected. You don't need to activete the 2nd Mic just to activate the VU meter. 

If confirmed that no physical connectivity issues (cables/connectors) and problem persist raise your concern to Cisco TAC.

Regards,

Acevirgil