cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

5320 Continuous Presensence

pinke
Level 1
Level 1

Can the 5320 with max licenses (10HD/40SD) display 25(or more) continuous presence participants in one display?

Have you seen this in action? Yes I understand this will look bad on most displays. This will be on a large video wall. 448p is the resolution requirement.

If this isn't listed as a standard template can you create a 5x5 participant template/layout?

thank you

Ryan

4 Replies 4

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please note, 5300 series support cluster with other 5300 series MCU by using clustering cable connecting back of unit.

Therefore you may connect much large number of high quality participants in single conference.

However maximum display panel with CP video mode is 20, either Layout 43: CP20 (5x4) or Layout 48: CP20 (4x5).

There is similar topic/discussion at https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3727635#3727635.

If CP25 is absolutely require, I’d suggest to reach out your Cisco representative and raise as feature enhancement request.

Tomonori,

Thank you for your quick response. Can you explain what they mean in the data sheet by:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/ps7060/ps11305/ps11317/ps12283/data_sheet_c78-692890.html

If I am reading this correctly it is saying the 5320 is max licensing can do max continuous presence of of 40 ports @ 448p30.

But your saying there are no templates/layouts beyond 4x5 (or 5x4) to display that number of participants.

In addition the data sheet says "Continuous presence on every port"

So I am a litle confused by the "marketecture" vs reality. I have a client requiring 25 CP. 

BTW - the 4500 series have the same verviage in their datasheets. Plus I was the one who asked regarding the MSE and continuous presence.

Thank you,

Ryan

Single 5320 MCU support up to 40 participants connection in single conference call with multiple CP modes or VS mode.

However maximum participant can be display on screen is last active-speaker “20” sites (while selecting CP20) even more than 20 sites connected in same conference.

MCU will switch site in panel once “hide” site actively speak up (and drop of most last active-speaker site from CP layout).

This apply same way for all other TelePresence MCU.

The “Continuous presence on every port", MCU does send same CP all participates or different CP mode to per participant as individual transcoding as configured.

Tomonori,

Thanks again for your prompt response. I agree this is an odd set up/request.

Ryan