cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

6000MXP Codec Software Upgrade

robert.seitz1
Level 1
Level 1

We have 2 Tandberg CODEC 6000MXP's that are currently on software v. F9.1 NTSC and I want to upgrade to v. F9.3.3.  Our Warranty/Contract is expired.  Is there anyway for me to get the Release Key information to do the upgrade on these systems?

6 Replies 6

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Only if you're going from one major version to another, example F8 to F9 will you require a release key.  If you stay within the same major version, such as what you want, going from F9.1 to F9.3.3 you do not need a release key.  You can download F9.3.3 from here.

Patrick,

Thanks for the information, perhaps I am doing something wrong.  I downloaded the file and when I try to do the upgrade I get the following message

"The SW upload failed. The reason can be that the release key was wrong, the upload process was aborted, invalid software was used, or that the software file was damaged. Please check this and try again."

Any suggestions?

Make sure you're trying to install the correct software type, encryption or non-encryption.

Check the MD5 hash to make sure the download didn't get corrupted, and/or download the file again.

If you're unsure about the release key, you can contact TAC and request a release key without the need of a service contract, just reference the following security advisory: cisco-sa-20140605-openssl.

When doing an upgrade on some of those older systems via the web browser interface they do force you to re-enter the release key as part of the upload process, even if it's the same as the one already running.

You can try to look up your device's details and the release key on www.cisco.com/go/licence, or, if as suggested by Patrick above, you can request the details of your device through the TAC.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

FYI, Cisco can no longer provide any license upgrade keys for the 6000 MXP. It does not matter if you reference the security advisory or not. Their system cannot generate a license key without a current support contract, which they no longer provide as the 6000 MXPP is EOL and EOS (end of life and end of support) So you download the latest releases and try the upgrade, if you are then asked to activate the upgrade using a license key the you are SOL.

They should make this clear on their support site and especially clear in the security advisory.

The above is straight from Cisco TAC.

I'd suggest that you try again. There are some engineers that just take the easy "if you don't have an active service contract I can't help you" line, and others will go that extra little bit to assist. There are people on the TAC who have access to the tools to generate the numbers for these older endpoints. 

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.