cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Accessing the Webex Codec Plus

jakinhays
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, there! I’m pretty new to the whole Cisco thing and I’m running into some issues. I was recently given a Cisco Webex Room Kit Plus by someone who no longer needed it and I’m trying to figure out how to log into the codec. I typed the IP into my browser and used “Admin” for the user name and I didn’t put anything for the password but that did not work. Any help at all would be much appreciated!

15 Replies 15

jakinhays
Level 1
Level 1

I'd like to note, I have factory reset the codec too.

Thanks for the reply!

I have attempted resetting it multiple times through different methods. I tried using the pinhole on the back by holding it for 10, 30, even 60 seconds, and I have tried resetting it from the touch panel as well but still cannot seem to get it to work. I have listed the process, in which I go through when I reset the device, in another comment.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Use "admin" as the username rather than "Admin" - it's case sensitive.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks for the reply, Wayne. I have tried “admin”, “Admin”, “Cisco”, and “cisco”. I have also tried

username: Admin

password: (blank)

username: admin

password: (blank)

username: admin

password: Cisco1234

username: Admin and admin

Password: Admin and admin

username: Admin and admin

password: Password and password

I’m not sure what to try. Do I need to connect it to my Mac via USB or anything?

If you have completely factory reset the unit (and not done any configuration or cloud registration on the device), the default of "admin" with a blank password will work.  

If the unit is registered to Webex, then you will need to access it via Webex Control Hub - or get your Webex Admin to create you a local userid/password combination to use to access it locally.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

TechLvr
Spotlight
Spotlight

Can you factory reset it again using the pin hole at the back of the device? Just hold it down for 10 seconds (obviously when the device is powered on).

Once it properly reset, use the same password combination again starting with username=admin and no password.

Thanks for the reply!

I have attempted resetting it multiple times through different methods. I tried using the pinhole on the back by holding it for 10, 30, even 60 seconds, and I have tried resetting it from the touch panel as well but still cannot seem to get it to work.

Here is the process I go through when I reset it if this helps at all.

boot -> connect to WiFi -> select Cisco WebEx option -> enter 16 digit pin generated on WebEx app -> set date and time -> calibrate camera -> calibrate microphone and speakers -> done

TechLvr
Spotlight
Spotlight

Ah Ok. Then you already registered it to the WebEx cloud. 
WebEx registered devices are not initially accessible directly/localy via GUI by browsing to it's IP address.
You need to log into the device via the Control Hub (WebEx Cloud)
Once you log in to the device via the cloud, you can create a local user account on your device, that way you can log in both localy or via the control hub

Gotcha. So, I have tried to go to Admin.webex.com and when I try to login, it says “Unauthorized”. How do I become authorized to access the Control hub? Do I need a subscription in order to use the control hub?

Sorry, I’m a super noob with this stuff.

Who provided the 16 digit registration code to enter on your device? 
They should be able to help you create a local user account for you
If you are not an admin user, you cannot log into admin.webex.com 

I simply logged into the webex app on iOS -> settings -> devices -> generate activation code.

Next time you do a factory reset, do not go through the whole set up process (do not enter the 16 digit code).

As soon as you connect the device to WiFi and it obtains and IP address, stop right there with the device configuration. Then web browse to the IP address of the device and login using the credentials you tried before. 

TechLvr
Spotlight
Spotlight

Here I just found the document to help you create a local user account.
https://help.webex.com/en-us/article/jkhs20/Local-User-Administration-on-Room-and-Desk-Devices