Views
Helpful
Replies

Ad hoc_cms_conference

siwar.ziadi1
Level 1
Level 1
hello,
I have a CUCM, and 3 cms, I configured the ad hoc functionality. I can start a point-to-point call to a VISIO endpoint and add other partcipants like (sx20, cisco webex room and IX5000) to the video conference.
the problem that if when i start the call from one Endpoint Visio to another (video call) and when I add another participant it is added in audio only. can someone help me please?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Georg Kehrer
Level 4
Level 4

Hello

Check on the Endpoint what is listed  and on the CUCM which optione are used.

You need to use the Option "CUCMMediaResourceGroupList"

Value space: Auto/CUCMMediaResourceGroupList/MultiSite/Off

Extract from the Admin Guide Endpoint:

Conference Multipoint Mode
Define how the video system handles multiparty video conferences (ad hoc conferences).
If registered to a Cisco TelePresence Video Communication Server (VCS), the video system
can use its own built-in MultiSite feature. If registered to a Cisco Unified Communications
Manager (CUCM) version 8.6.2 or newer, the video system can use either the CUCM
conference bridge, or the video system's own built-in MultiSite feature. Which option to use,
is set-up by CUCM.
The CUCM conference bridge allows you to set up conferences with many participants. The
built-in MultiSite allows up to five participants (yourself included) plus one additional audio
call.
The built-in MultiSite is optional and may not be available on all video systems.
Requires user role: ADMIN
Default value: Auto

Best regards

georg

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Georg Kehrer
Level 4
Level 4

Hello

Check on the Endpoint what is listed  and on the CUCM which optione are used.

You need to use the Option "CUCMMediaResourceGroupList"

Extract from the Admin Guide Endpoint:

Conference Multipoint Mode
Define how the video system handles multiparty video conferences (ad hoc conferences).
If registered to a Cisco TelePresence Video Communication Server (VCS), the video system
can use its own built-in MultiSite feature. If registered to a Cisco Unified Communications
Manager (CUCM) version 8.6.2 or newer, the video system can use either the CUCM
conference bridge, or the video system's own built-in MultiSite feature. Which option to use,
is set-up by CUCM.
The CUCM conference bridge allows you to set up conferences with many participants. The
built-in MultiSite allows up to five participants (yourself included) plus one additional audio
call.
The built-in MultiSite is optional and may not be available on all video systems.
Requires user role: ADMIN
Default value: Auto

Best regards

georg

Thank you very much , it helped me

Welcome

Best Regards

Georg