cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding CMS SMP licenses

simon1964
Level 1
Level 1

We recently received new SMP licenses. I try to use WinSCP to upload .lic file to CMS. I connect CMS by using MMP admin account. But when I try to load a .lic file I am getting permission denied error. I can see existing .lic file that uploaded previously but I cannot upload additional file. My expert said admin account has only read permission on root directory. I have three CMSs are clustered. Do I need to unclustering before I upload .lic file?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The name should be cms.lic.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

simon1964
Level 1
Level 1

I just saw an YouTube that I need to change file name to cms.lic before I upload. I have cms.lic file already uploaded to CMS. If I upload another cms.lic file, will it replace the existing cms.lic file? Can I use file name other than cms.lic, like cms1.lic file? 

The name should be cms.lic.

Response Signature

I believe you are using the file name as  cms.lic.  Move  the old license to your machine and try adding  the new one . if you don't have a proper admin account, you can follow the steps mentioned in the document to create a new one. 

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/conferencing/ciscoMeetingServer/Reference_Guides/Version-2-7/Cisco-Meeting-Server-MMP-Command-Reference-2-7.pdf

Screen Shot 2020-08-02 at 10.02.16 AM.png

Response Signature