Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding Video Conferencing to CUCM

cdowling_bm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks,

I am researching what we need and how we integrate (on-prem) video-conferencing into our existing CUCM infrastructure. We are currently using CUCM v11.5(1) and run Expressway E & C for our mobile Jabber clients. We also have a mix of on-Premise Exchange and O365 users for mail integration. I would like to add several VC devices including Meeting Room kits to our network and want to understand what else I need in terms of software and licenses.

From what I can see, I need URI dialing and Rich Media licenses for any external video conferences (via Expressway) and device licenses on the CUCM(s).  If I am correct, these licenses need to be either CUWL Meetings licenses or Cisco Telepresence Room licenses. 

For meeting scheduling, do I NEED Cisco Meeting Server or will Outlook be able to handle the booking and scheduling on its own (using the WebEx Productivity Tools)?

Thanks for your info.

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I strongly suggest you reach out to a Cisco partner with UC specializations for assistance quoting the right solution (HW/SW) for your needs.

CMS is the actual server that does the audio/video mixing, it's not for booking, that would be TMS.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Matt_W
Level 3
Level 3
I agree with Jaime. I would suggest reaching out. Depending on your current licensing and number of users it may even make sense to switch over to the newer flex based licencing.