Helpful
Replies

adobe connect sip to vcs control

Chet Cronin
Level 4
Level 4

We have Adobe connect version 9.0

VCS running X8.5.1

I have a good sip trunk from my VCS to the Adobe Connect server.

I believe the Adobe connect server is connected to the VCS from the Adobe connect server as we have set up the AMG with sip Profile information as non registered device pointing to the VCS.

Problem is when I try to make a call from the POD on Adobe I get call cannot connect ???

Any ideas to make sure Aobe is able to dial out to the VCS and then connect to a VTC MCU or EP ???

Vr

Chet

Chet Cronin
3 Replies 3

Zoltan Kelemen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Chet,

You can use diagnostic logging on your VCS (Maintenance > Diagnostics > diagnostic logging) and ensure "take tcpdump while logging" is checked, to collect detailed information on what your VCS gets.

VCS logs can be analyzed using the Collaboration Solutions Analyzer tool.

This can provide tons of insight (even including TCP packet counts) from what is visible on the VCS side. However, if there's no hint of the call in the logs, you will need to investigate further on the Adobe side or any possible firewall inbetween.

Thank you for the response.  I am looking for the set process on adobe connect. 

I remember when ADC was at version 8 all we had to do was set up an point ADC to the VCS as a registration device.  Now it looks like we have to create a SIP trunk but when I created the sip trunk it was green but when I dialed a conference ID from the ADC POD the number doesn't go thru ???

There are two settings in the ADC Media Gateway Register or non-register and login password information windows ... ???  Not sure what to set on the ADC side.

Chet Cronin

I'm afraid for this you will need to reach out to Adobe forums and/or support.

A VCS neighbor zone (aka trunk) does not require registration / authentication credentials. 

Alternatively, you can use VCS as a SIP registrar, allowing the ADC to register to it first. Also default policies may allow registrations without much hassle.

Again, running diagnostic logs while the ADC tries to communicate with VCS can reveal what is being sent at all and why is it refused (if it is refused by VCS)