cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No public CA Certificates in VCS / Expressway Trust Store?

Nico Bellack
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Years ago I implemented a VCS Control and a VCS Expressway. Over the years I upgraded them from x6.x to x8.7.

In the Trusted CA Certificate Store (Maintenance --> Security certificates --> Trusted CA certificate) are round about 140 public ca certificates.

Some Days ago I installed a new Expressway-C and -E pair with X8.7 and I noticed that there are no public ca certificates in the trust store (only a temporary certificate which signs the Default Expressway certificate).

Does anybody know, where I can get a list of public ca certificates? and where I can get updates for it (I thought the list will be updated by the Software upgrade, but obviously it isn't)?

Greetz

Nico

4 Replies 4

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I think starting with X8.1, new installations of VCS/Expressway software ship with a temporary trusted CA, and a server certificate issued by that temporary CA.  However, you can export the certificates from your existing VCS by going to Maintenance > Security certificates > Trusted CA certificate and select "Show all (PEM file).  Save the contents as a PEM file and upload to your new VCS.

Hello Patrick,

you're right, I've the possibility to copy the certificates from my old vcs. But how is this list maintained?

The IE Trust Store has more than 300 certificates. 

Greetz

Nico

You maintain the list of CAs on the server yourself, you have the ability to upload/delete CAs as you see fit.  Where to get CA certificates, you can download them from the website of the various CAs out there, such as Comodo etc.  Not sure if there is a generated list of all possible CAs out there, probably just have to download the CA certificate you need and not worry about all the others.

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
I have the same issue. Did you ever find a solution ?
May be we need to have Proper SAN for it ?