cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

amera drivers causing one of my transforms to fail

bgiovanniello1
Level 1
Level 1

Have been using Jabber Video for a couple of years. Recently though and infrequently, the webcam drivers (generic or logitech) have been causing one of my transform dialing to my bridge to fail.

I have looked into this issue and am at a complete loss. When the issue appears, the messages no incoming video and no incoming audio appears. Also the video either freezes on a black screen. When looking at the search history on the VCS, the call is going through as normal. Looking at the event log the call is successful, but terminates immediately with a normal call clearing code. However, the call never actually hits my bridge.

I have determined that the camera drivers are causing the issue. When the issue appears I have gone in and disabled the camera and tried to use the same transform and the call is successful. Re-enable the camera and the call fails. I can replicate this over and over.

All other dialing methods are unaffected (ie:sip to sip, IP, e.164.) The only one affected is a short dialing transform.

I am using the following cameras and have the same issue with each.

Logitech C525

Logitech pro3000

As the issue is so infrequent and appears to affect random systems it is extremely hard to pin down the cause. Any help that be offered would be greatly appreciated.

2 Replies 2

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I highly doubt it is the camera driver that is causing a transform to fail as the transform on a VCS has absolutely nothing to do with the driver on your laptop/PC.

The difference with or without video when disabling your camera driver is more likely to be changing the capset that is advertised/negotiated between the two ends of the call whcih is more likely to be the cause of your issue.

I've also seen similar issues happen with search rules being in the wrong order and this causing some additional interworking.  In your call logs are the calls normal non-traversal calls, or traversal calls - can you see if they're being interworked?

Asso, which version of the JabberVideo software are you using?  Are you using the latest 4.8(8)?

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

The calls are definitely being interworked, from SIP to H.323.

I have a 2 different versions of Jabber in play, and both are seeing the same issue. 4.6.3 and 4.8.5.

I am a bit of a layman, when you say "your camera driver is more likely to be changing the capset that is advertised/negotiated between the two ends of the call which is more likely to be the cause of your issue."

If I am understanding you correctly, Its sounds like you are saying that what is being sent is different than what is actually being received. What do you mean?