cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

API Reset command

ZivJo
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to get an API command (On SX-80 & Pro) for reset/reboot that I can use as a terminal command. I've used the collaboration-endpoint-software-api-reference-guide-ce910 guide and it says 

"xCommand SystemUnit Boot

Applies to: All products

Requires user role: ADMIN, INTEGRATOR, USER

Reboot the device.

USAGE:

xCommand SystemUnit Boot [Action: Action]

where

Action:

Restart/Shutdown

As a default the device restarts after a reboot. By selecting Shutdown, the device will not

restart.

Default value: Restart"

So I have the terminal command as "xCommand SystemUnit Boot Action: Restart" but it's not taking. I have many other codec commands that take but can't get this one to work.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It may depend on the software version you have installed on your codec.   You mention the CE9.10 Admin guide - but does that match the software version you have installed?  If so, it'd be highly recommended to update your software to a newer release (the latest release as at the date of this post is CE9.15 for the SX80).
You may also have more luck in forcing the reboot if you add the "Force: True" to the end of the command:

xcommand SystemUnit Boot Action: Restart Force: True
Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It may depend on the software version you have installed on your codec.   You mention the CE9.10 Admin guide - but does that match the software version you have installed?  If so, it'd be highly recommended to update your software to a newer release (the latest release as at the date of this post is CE9.15 for the SX80).
You may also have more luck in forcing the reboot if you add the "Force: True" to the end of the command:

xcommand SystemUnit Boot Action: Restart Force: True
Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: