Views
Helpful
Replies

Audio Calls to CMS using CUCM and VCS

privateuser
Level 1
Level 1

Hey,

This is not really a problem, I just need some insight from you guys on the best way to approach this. We moved away from an ISDN Gateway as we did not have so many Video Calls but was mostly use for audio calls. 

The client setup and H323 Gateway on a Router to route my ISDN line ( only audio calls) to CUCM and then use a SIP Trunk to route the calls to my VCS and I then do the Search Rule and sent the calls where it needs to go.

From my understanding the CMS can take up to 900 audio calls or more, but we are currently limited to 30 Non-Traversal licenses on my VCS. The problem is everytime an audio call comes in from CUCM I use a license. I had to do some stripping of the call coming in for it to actually work.

What I was wondering is there anyway to bypass the VCS and send it straight to the CMS Server, basically in the Same was WebRTC works( not using my licenses  on my VCS) I want to know what is the best way to setup audio calls going to the CMS in a way where I can be confident if users asks me if a 100 users can join his VC.

Thanks in advance.

0 Replies 0