Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Audio delay after a Teams participant's microphone is activated

We have a Cisco Webex Codec Plus and we go through a CVI Pexip to connect to Microsoft Teams.

During Teams meetings including several external speakers and the Cisco room. People connect automatically with the microphone closed (mute). The main presenter is in the Cisco room. When the presenter asks one of the speakers to intervene. The latter activates his microphone and begins to speak. However, people in the Cisco room see the picture scrolling, but start hearing the audio only 5 seconds later, causing them to miss the start of the outside speaker's message.

Point to note, the other Teams participants do not encounter this problem and begin to hear the sound of their voice as soon as the interlocutor's microphone is activated. What could be the problem and/or the corrective action to be taken.

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I suggest starting with Pexip support on this one.

Thank you for your suggestion. We have indeed contacted our supplier Pexip. However, nothing seems abnormal on the Pexip side or our Codec. He points to Microsoft Teams as the problem and that he can't do anything because he has no support at Microsoft.

I want to make sure that I don't have a Codec, Network or Pexip configuration problem.