cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Auto mute on dial out

david11290832
Level 1
Level 1

I know that there are a few settings on the SX and Room Series endpoints that handle the auto-mute feature, but I am looking for a way to either auto mute the device at startup (out of standby), or auto mute the device whenever placing an outbound call.  I have auto answer mute enabled and I have mic unmute on disconnect turned off in the Conference settings on the endpoint, but those are not solving my issues when outbound calling from the codec.  What is the best and easiest way to have the codec auto mute when dialing out from the device if the mics were to be left unmuted from a previous call?

5 Replies 5

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You'd probably need to do this with a macro.   The macro could listen for a Call Connect event, then issue the command to mute the microphones.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thank you Wayne, do you have a macro example I could load into the device and test it out?

david11290832
Level 1
Level 1

Here is a macro I am going to test out.  This will mute on successful outbound connection and also on a disconnect event.

const xapi = require('xapi');

xapi.Event.CallSuccessful.on(() => {
  xapi.Command.Audio.Microphones.Mute();
});

xapi.Event.CallDisconnect.on(() => {
  xapi.Command.Audio.Microphones.Mute();
});

Why would you mute on a disconnect of a call? From what I understand there will be no active call in progress, so how would you mute something in that state?

Response Signature

david11290832
Level 1
Level 1

Because I want the room mics to stay muted.  We use non-Cisco mics and a DSP and want the room to appear muted when not in use.  Unlike the Cisco table mics, these mics have an LED indicator that is active all the time.  You are correct there would be no active calls, but the macro does put the mics back in a muted state when the call is disconnected.