Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Automated reports from Cisco VCS control

I have a client who is running a Virtual VCS Control with no TMS internally. The client requires a monthly update on usage details. I don't see any automated option or even a report that can be run to give call details (what endpoint, date, length of call). For this reason I have been going into the call history weekly and dumping the call records as if it only holds 500 calls and info is lost after a restart. At the end of the month I use this raw data to create a report. This is pretty labour intensive and if for any reason the system restarts I lose my records.

Is there way to have this a report like this done automatically or any other easier way to manually get these records that anyone knows about. I have been immersed in a different vender for years and am somewhat new to the Cisco VCS.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

4 Replies 4

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Stephen,

Let me move this post to Telepresence community. This community is for Cisco WebEx Meetings Server and Cisco Unified MeetingPlace products and is not observed by TP experts.

I hope this will get you the answers you need faster.

-Dejan

Lawrence James
Level 1
Level 1

Depends on what you are willing to spend to automate this Choices are

TMS - not automated and very basic reports

Prime Collaboration - very complex

Vyopta vAnalytics - very custom and auotmated but very expensive

Custom script -

I would say that TMS is your best option for ease of deployment and cost. It is not automated and you will still have to do some manual work. It could be be automated with some custom scripting and/or SQL queries

It could be possible to use the demo version of TMS (with no release key), it allows up to 3 managed systems.  The VCS might be able to be added as one of those managed systems, and TMS could be able to pull CDR data from it.  Example of the VCS CDR data that can be exported to excel using TMS is:

• Duration
  • Source Number & Address
  • Destination Number & Address
  • Call Type & Protocol
  • Bandwidth

If the demo version of TMS works, it could be very cost effective, and possibly provide you more data than you even asked for according to your first post.