cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

c40 - remove participant display in multipoint call

kdotten36
Level 3
Level 3

Looking for a way to remove the the list of audio participants that appears in the bottom right corner of the OSD on a c40 codec.

It interferes with presentation content.  I can disable the OSD entirely which removes it for the meeting but that's not a setting I can leave that way.

Thank you.

3 Replies 3

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you provide a screenshot of what you're seeing?  Also, please tell us more about your environment, you're in a multipoint call, but are you using an MCU or TelePresence Server, and what software versions for all involved in the call?

Note: Your question would be better off in the TelePresence section of the forums, where these devices are more actively discussed and people can help get you the answers you need.  You can move your question to the correct section by editing it and changing the categories at the bottom.

Attached are two screenshots showing the participant "MeetingPlace" in a multipoint call between two c40 codecs and the audio participant.  Although I used MeetingPlace as the example, the behavior holds true even if I'm dialing a standard number versus an internal trunk.  The icon is always visible whether in Video or Presentation mode.

The codecs are registered with both a TMS (v13.2.2) and a VCS (x7.2.1), but the audio participants are added via SIP registration to our CUCM (v9.1.2).

Thank you for your input and I'll move this discussion to the recommended forum.

Unfortunately, there is no way to prevent that from appearing on the screen.  Unless, like you've already pointed out, to disable the OSD entirely.  The only part of the OSD that can be turned off individually is the encryption indicator.