cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C40's Network Dead After Restart

Dave Bohn
Level 1
Level 1

I was in the process of updating the software (TC5.1.1) on a Profile 42 (C40 CODEC), I entered the new key code and the system needed to restart.  After the reboot I could not see the device on TMS. After talking with the location the device says Not Registered (No LAN) which I thought was odd.  I'm at the site now and the network connection is fine and I triple checked every thing.  I rebooted the system again and the touch panel works fine and if you watch the two network ports on the C40 the #1 for the LAN will light up until the device gets almost started and then goes blank.  Any ideas on what is going on or why this happened?  I'm worried we have a hardware failure with no access to TAC on this device.

Could I update the software via USB on the C40 and see if this resolves the problem?  Thanks for helping out the newbie again.

18 Replies 18

Thats already a quite long discussion here, but I am not sure if the core elements are addressed.

If you could let us know a bit more about your network, like what kind of switches and network

configuration fo you use. Is there any CDP, (Voice)VLANs, Port security, DHCP, ....

What ip would you expect the endpoint to have?

The endpoint has two network interfaces, the orange marked Ethernet 1 (=eth0) and the

Ethernet 2 (=eth1). The network has to be connected to the Ethernet 1.

The touchpanel has to be connected to Ethernet 2 or on a switch connected to Ethernet 1,

so that the endpoint can still reach the network.

Can you get an IP via DHCP if you connect a different device/computer to this network port?

The endpoint itself if reset to factory default will loose its pre configured network settings

and fall back to DHCP and depending on the used software there might be some changes

regards VLANs.

If the system is still listed in TMS you might be able to see the status and configuration in the

extended configuration tab. That can be helpful as well.

I could picture that there was a fixed ip address set up and or changes regards VLAN and CDP.

If you look at your ifconfig output, eth0 has no ip and sure, if there is no ip you will not be able to connect to it.

127.0.0.1 / the loop back interface is nothing what has any use for you here.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

I went over and removed the C40 to bring it back to my office for testing.  I power cycled the device before it was removed tried the current and secondary network cables with no luck again (note the green/orange lights by the port were always dead never illuminated).  In my office I powered the device up and it worked 100% and connected just fine on the network.  I updated to TC7.0 took the C40 back to the other location and it worked fine for the test calls I performed.  Just odd??

Port Security on the switch?

Some failed authentication feature like 802.11x... etc

Investigating the config of the switch really is your next step to know what is in play on the network.

I will talk with the network guys and see.  It's working fine now though.