Views
Helpful
Replies

C60 sound and control loss issue

nsimpson7
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Had a c60 for over a year now and every 3rd or 4th call the sound will drop out. Managed to fix it by pulling out camera hdmi and tv hdmi cable from back of c60. Sound would then return. that does not work anymore however.

We've also had it now twice where the system no longer functions, you press a button on the controller, you see the signal is received by the camera as the led blinks when you press a button but nothing happens. Like a system freeze up.

This is now the 2nd c60, i had the original replaced as we had the sound issue on it aswell.

c60 has software TC5.0.1.275220. i've seen there is a 5.1.4 version out but before i upgrade software and risk other effects, newer bugs i thought i would ask here in this forum.

the only thing i've noticed is that the sound issue seems to happen when we 3 or more people on the call. I also see from our network graphs that our line is max'd or close to max'd out which might play a small part. Woud explain the sound issue possibly but not the system freeze.

to be sure sound issue wasn't related to the TV, i've used another TV aswell, issue persists.

any information welcome.

thank you.

6 Replies 6

Marius Nedregaard
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Neil,

I have no first hand experience on C60 freeze/same issue as you are facing, but as a general advice:

1. Would recommend you to test 5.1.4 on this system.  Or at least upgrade to 5.0.2 ( to address freezes and sound)

2. Do you have multisite enabled on the codec? Multisite will enable up to four partcitipants in one conferance hosted from a C60.   If bandwidth is maxxed, I would say that this is what causing the issues. To address this you should consider obtaining a MCU for your conference needs.

Thanks

//Marius

Amlesh Sengar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Neil,

Please let us know when you face the freeze issue,  is it on the call or standby mode.

Thanks,

Amlesh

Hi,

I've only seen the issue occur on a call.

Multisite is enabled, it has to be to be able to do a 4 way call.  MCU is out of the question for us, far too expensive and above our requirements/needs at this current time.

thanks

Neil

before i upgrade the firmware to latest and greatest, is there any impact on the device itself. I assume all settings remain as they were.

regarding licencing, also no issue as it's 5.0.x to 5.1.x, not a major release jump.

anything else i should look at or know about?

Can't find any official documentation about this so ask here before i find myself in a difficult situation.

Hi,

There should be no operational changes, and no extra configuration needed since this is a minor upgrade.

If you do encounter anything you do not expect, then you always have the option to downgrade your endpoint again.

//Marius

upgraded to latest firmware 5.1.4. tested system briefly, time will tell. have to wait until next 4way call to see if this issue is resolved with only changing firmware.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: