cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Calling IVR from a CMS client

Stephen Carr
Level 1
Level 1

Hey there, I'm wondering what I am missing (and whether it is a tenant issue). I've set up an IVR ID on the CMS system and can call it from outside (like from Lync where it matches with an incoming call rule) and all works as needed (I can enter space IDs or Lync metting IDs and it works). Thing is, if I try to dial that IVR number from a CMS client (or WebRTC client) connected directly to the CMS it tries to do an outgoing call (dialed with or without the CMS's SIP domain) and fails. I can call other users on the CMS system and I can find and dial spaces but not the IVR. Now, the users are setup as a tenant (with a tenant ID), whereas the IVR is not (those fields are empty). Does the IVR need to be set as the same tenant ID for it to be accessible from within a CMS session?

Steve

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

CMA and WebRTC client is really made for outbound dialing and not inbound when use by a User, calls to other Users and their Spaces within CMS will work, but IVRs will not as they're meant for inbound calls from SIP clients for example.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

CMA and WebRTC client is really made for outbound dialing and not inbound when use by a User, calls to other Users and their Spaces within CMS will work, but IVRs will not as they're meant for inbound calls from SIP clients for example.

that is what I was starting to gather so thanks a bunch for confirming that. I think it will make more sense to just use the Lync Conference ID and skip the IVR altogether then when calling from either a SIP client or a CMS client

thanks as always

Steve

xujf
Level 1
Level 1

I have similar question.

I have uploaded backgroud image and voice message for my Space. it work well when I can in space from SIP endpoint, but No voice message when I join into my space from CMA. hot to set up voice massege for CAM client?

Voice prompts are only heard for SIP/Lync calls, does not apply to CMA/WebRTC.

I think CMS should support customization for these functions.