cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Camera(Cisco PreciscoHD 1080p 4XS2) on SX20 recuring message "Camera is being upgraded"

giodias01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have this problem regarding on the new camera (RMA) Cisco PreciscoHD 1080p 4XS2. When we tried to connect the camera on the SX20 for the first time, we got a pop message on the screen stated "the camera is being upgraded". I know its a normal for the new camera being connected to the SX20 codec. Sx20 codec had rebooted after the camera upgraded. However, when client tried to restart the system again, the Sx20 codec repeat to "Camera is being upgraded". We tried again to wait until the camera upgrade done.

But every time we powered on the SX20 Codec, we have that pop message that camera is being upgraded. and every time we encountered the message, we cannot control the system.

May I know if this is a bug issue since, upon reading Field notices regarding on this camera, this model is being affected if the SX20 is on the lower version. But our SX20 software version is on the latest version TC7.3.6.ea51021.

As checked from the Cisco downloads, there is a current version which is TC7.3.7.s52010. I am planning to upgrade the Sx20 codec for the camera also will be upgraded. Since camera software version is  S01777-2.0 FINAL [ID:20013]2013-05-15. It seems that its already old version for the TC7.3.6.ea51021 software version of the SX20 codec.

For your kind advise please.

Thank you

1 Reply 1

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

First check that all the cables are properly connected to both the camera and the SX20 - if they're not, then the camera upload can fail.

It does take a number of minutes for the software to update - the SX20 should not reboot during the camera upgrade. If this is happening, then it may be the SX20 that is the issue - another software upgrade (even using the same TC7.3.6 you have already got installed) may help fix this.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.