cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I register a DX650 to a VCS

jcastellanos55
Level 1
Level 1

I have a prospect that has several E20 and vvx1500 (polycom VC Endpoints) + VCS-C + MCU and wants to expand it's service to other excutives. The endpoint that we want to propose is a DX650 ... can I register it to a VCS-C as SIP device? 

Thanks a lot.

Jose Castellanos

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The DX series are meant to work with CUCM, not VCS.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jaime, The customer has over 50 VC Desktop Terminals (E20s + VVX1500) and want to add other 20 devices. We were thinking in DX650 ... is it posible or do you have another option?  

Thanks a lot.

I guess you have two main options:

* search for other endpoints which you can directly add to the vcs. That could be:

o Cisco EX60/90

o  (or depending on the usage even SX10/SX20 + display)

o other 3rd party devices.

* see how you can add modern endpoints to your infrastructure:

As both the E20 and the VVX1500 are end of life you might want to make a mid-time plan

for the customer to replace these anyhow.

What do you think of adding a BE6000 as the new call control and integrate it with the

existing VCS installation.

You can use the VCS to still handle the old endpoints and B2B calls if you do that.

In theory you could even register the E20 directly to CUCM, though I would test it

what works better for you.

And besides the DX650, the DX70 and DX80 are very interesting devices as well,

maybe if they tried them they do not want anything else for the desk anymore ;-)

And sure, dont forget to also look into the other SX/MX/EX/C Systems!

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Martin, Thanks for your answer. I agree with your comments. if E20 and VVX are going out of market they need to plan a replacement in mid-term and BE6000 + CUCM could be a ver good option.

They have seen EX's devices they like them but it's out of Budget. And based on your line of thinking Video telephones could be another option (89xx and 99xx).

Saludos.

Jose Castellanos

In my view the E20 and VVX _are_ out of the market.

This is a TelePresence forum, so I thought more about the other DX/EX/SX/MX Series ,

but sure, other video enabled cucm phones will also work. ;-)

The question is how do they use is. The bigger the display, most likely the better is the experience.

It might depend on their use cases, maybe the small screen limits them today, without them knowing what the miss.

Jabber (Mac/Win/Android/IOS/...) can also be an interesting add-on.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify