Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't install TMS - not connecting to SQL

Mikolaj Moryto
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Have been wondering if anyone here saw that before. I am trying to install TMS 15.7.0 with external SQL and when providing SQL connection details, I get a following error:

"Could not connect to SQL Server: Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly installed. For more information, refer to Cisco TMS Installation guide".

Security team has already done their part and opened the communication on the port SQL server is running on (not the default one). Also, I tested SQL connection with UDL and it is working, but the TMS installer gives above error. Also tried to see with Wireshark if installer actually tries to connect to the DB server but filtering by IP address of the SQL server shows no traffic? When I test connectivity to the SQL with UDL, Wireshark shows the traffic.

Really no idea what is going on. Any help appreciated.

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The installation guide does cover that error, have you done as instructed in the installation guide?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

Sounds like you don't have the SQL native client installed onn the Windows server hosting TMS- install the appropriate version and try again:

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The installation guide does cover that error, have you done as instructed in the installation guide?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Sounds like you don't have the SQL native client installed onn the Windows server hosting TMS- install the appropriate version and try again:

This link is not working anymore:

SQL Server 2016 (13.0.1601.5 and above) 

I there another location for the client? Could not find it latest release notes or installation guides...

Mikolaj Moryto
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you Jaime and Nick,

I was using the install guide but apparently missed the part about the SQL native client in the troubleshooting section. Installed the client and TMS is now installed.

Thanks again.