Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot see additional contact methodes in Phonebook Contact on Touch 8

Manuel Gansch
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have the a sx20 registered to the cucm with touch 8.

When I create a local contact with more than one contact methodes (sip and ISDN for example),

I can choose in the CallControl section of the sx20 Webinterface which contact methode I want to use for a call.

In the favorite section of the touch 8 I am not able to choose the contact methode, I only can see the 

first entry of the contact in touch 8.

Is there a possibility to see both contact methodes in the favorite section of the touch 8 without the need to creating two seperate

contacts?

Best regards

Manuel

2 Replies 2

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Apparently it appears as a limitation of the touch panel, see bug CSCug95581.  The touch panel will only display a single contact method, usually the same protocol that matches the default set to be used on the endpoint.  It says that it's fixed in TC6.2.0, however I haven't gotten it to display more than one contact method on my EX60 running TC7 software or even an SX80 with a Touch 10 running CE8, so I'm not sure what the "fix" was supposed to provide?

Hi Patrick,

in the meanwhile i got answer from cisco pdi regarding this topic. Pdi sais this is a limitation of touch 8 but should be possible on "other devices". I asked to clarify which devices are meant and waiting for the answer.

Best reregards Manuel