cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing wallpaper in Cisco Touch 8

majeed002
Level 1
Level 1

How to change the background wallpaper in touch 8.  I dont find any document to do the same though the background of the display in the endpoint can be changed.  Your help on this appreciated.  Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Good point Wayne for pointing that out, when I first read it I assumed it was asking about changing the background of the endpoint, but reading it again it's asking how to change the Touch 8 background. (Unless I'm mistaken)

In addition to my first reply, there is no way to change the Touch 8 background, other than endpoints where you can choose a stock built-in wallpaper for the endpoint (for example the EX Series endpoints), this will also make the Touch 8 use the same image. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I'm having a small issue trying to translate your question.  Are you trying to:

a) Use the touch panel to change the wallpaper on the endpoint?

or

b) Change the wallpaper that shows on the touch panel?

Can you please also let us know what model endpoint you are using and the software version it is running.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

It is "b".  In fact, I have already changed the wallpaper of the endpoint.  The endpoint is MX300 G2. 

Yeah, as I noted in my first and second reply, the background or wallpaper of the Touch 8 cannot be changed, unless the endpoint contains stock built-in wallpapers, only then the Touch 8 will use that as it's background.  It's noted in the various endpoint admin guides that "The custom wallpaper applies to only the main display and will not appear on the Touch device".

Also, you first said that it's a Touch 8, however the MX300 G2 comes with the Touch 10, still everything already said still applies no matter if the endpoint has a Touch 8 or 10.

Good point Wayne for pointing that out, when I first read it I assumed it was asking about changing the background of the endpoint, but reading it again it's asking how to change the Touch 8 background. (Unless I'm mistaken)

In addition to my first reply, there is no way to change the Touch 8 background, other than endpoints where you can choose a stock built-in wallpaper for the endpoint (for example the EX Series endpoints), this will also make the Touch 8 use the same image. 

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What type of endpoint is the Touch 8 connected to?

If it's an EX Series endpoint then the background or wallpaper of the endpoint can be changed using the Touch 8, this will also make the Touch 8 use the same image.  However if it's either a C or SX Series endpoint, the background of the endpoint cannot be changed using the Touch 8, and must be done using the remote control, although unlike the EX Series the Touch 8 will remain using the default blue background.

If it were possible, it would be documented in the Touch 8 user guide for the model of endpoint you're using.

Thanks for the details.  But I am looking for changing the wallpaper/background of Touch not the endpoint.  Endpoint is MX300 G2.

Unfortunately this is not supported.

/Magnus