Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco C20 Camera not working

Dear Team,

One of our customer is having 20+ C20 system.

But we are facing issue with the camera failing almost with each and every codec,

Unfortunately Codecs are not back lined with Cisco and customer wants RCA for every camera failure which is happening frequently.

Codecs are also running on very old s/w version 4.2.x

Can we find out the RCA without TAC as we don't have the contract available.

With Regards,

Vikas

12 Replies 12

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In order to have an RMA done, you must contact TAC.  However because the C20 is already past the point where you can obtain a new support contract as you don't have one already to renew, I doubt you'll be able to get them replaced, see end_of_life_notice_c51-726673.

What type of failure is happening, and what is the camera models?

Maybe not the issue you're having, but there is a known issue with PrecisionHD 4x Cameras that comes with the C20 where the camera will lockup and become unresponsive with no way to recover it normally, see Field Notice 63534.

Dear Parick,

Thanks for your inputs.

Please find below point :

What type of failure is happening, and what is the camera models ?

( This is 4x camera connected to C20 Codec and we are not getting any image from Camera.

We tried Camera connecting directly with Display using HDMI cable and external power suppy but still no image. ) Can we find out the issue in this case or RCAs.

Regards

If you check using the web interface, does the C20 detect the camera under Configuration > System Status > Camera?

Are you able to control the camera/codec using the remote?

Since you say you have PHD 4x cameras, are you seeing anything similar to the issue mentioned in the field noticed I linked to earlier?

Thanks Patrick for the valuable suggestion.

I will check and confirm you.

Rgds

hi vikas !

Did u resolve the camera issue !  i have the same problem ,,the codec is not recognize the camera....but however i see the video if i receive the calls...

additionally....there is no audio coming out of the built-in speakers ...

update me if u have anything  ! 

Are you powering the camera through the camera control cable or power supply directly to the camera?

Have you tried to swapping the camera with a known working one from another codec, does the issue follow the camera or stay with the codec?

Have you tried to upgrade the C20 software, and/or factory reset?

Regarding the no audio, do you have the audio output from the C20 plugged into the TV Speakers, is the volume turned up?

thank u patrick ,,,

i got it resolved by RMA ,, replacing the dnam III 

the strange thing is the cli on codec shows codec type c20 ,,,,after much troubleshooting for sip error 485 ambiguous...i changed the device type to quickset c20... it registered and working good.

Hi Patrick !

anyway i got the camera / dnam  working good,, but i have an issue with provisioning with cucm 8.6.2. 

following up the admin documents of profile42c20 for provisioning correctly ends with  no joy.   it gives an error HTTP code=404  ,,, 

But the registration is good and working, but cannot get the provision work...

iam using TC:6.3.3  with cucm 8.6.2  for profile 42 c20.

tried with or without  application user / userid  for login name / pwd under provisioning web page..

do we really need provisioning to cucm  ???

404 means, not found.  Does the endpoint have the correct provisioning address entered?

There isn't any for CUCM 8, but I suggest you take a look at the Administering TC Endpoints on CUCM guides, might help in case you missed something, if anything help ensure provisioning is setup correct.

Hej Cisco.

I have in 2012 bougth 32 sets of c20 with 4xHD cameraes and have had the same problems and counld until now fix the cameraes using the 5.1.6 firmware with tty ( systemtools camerarescue ).

we had 5 sets of c20 in stock and now need then to do replacements but all 5 cameraes strait out of the box has the error and i can't fix them as i could before.

I have downgraded a c20 codec to 5.1.6 but nothing happens ( the codec only resets )

Is there any Work around ( software ) where i can do the serial firmware update via a serial cabel.

many regards

René Juul Petersen

Depending on the current software version, if it's running TC6.x or below, you can upgrade/downgrade the endpoint using WinSCP or TFTP.

Upgrade using WinSCP

Upgrade via TFTP Server

Note, starting with TC7.1 and later, the root account is disabled, a special "remotesupport" user is introduced where you must contact TAC to obtain a time limited password for the account.

If you're unable to downgrade the endpoints and/or fix the camera issues, suggest you contact TAC as a replacement might be needed.

Hi Patric

The issue is not the Codec but the camera's firmware.