cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO E20 SOFTWARE UPLOAD ISSUE

Chet Cronin
Level 4
Level 4

I have a new E20 that had TE4.0 for a CM on it.  I uploaded successfully s52100te_4_1_6.pkg for a VCS.  No problems there.

Now I want to upload the cmterm-s52100te_4_1_6.cop.sgn so we can put it on the CM.  Problem is that it's failing.  Early I was seeing that it was failing to extract the file during the upload. 

Keeps restarting in the current VCS version????

I have downloaded the file on two separate computers in case it was corrupted but it looks good.

Any ideas???

I should be able to put it on the CM with the VCS version software right???

If not what am I doing that isn't allowing it to upgrade to the CM firmware???

VR

Chet

Chet Cronin
2 Replies 2

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you want to get your E20 to run of a VCS, rather than from your CUCM, you'll need to delete the device in CUCM so it stops trying to provision it, otherwise, every time it sees it, it'll try to "upgrade" it to the "correct" software and configure it for the CUCM environment.

You should then be able to manually upload the "VCS version software" to the E20 and configure it to talk to your VCS.

Note: If you need to, you can also factory reset the device with the following key sequence:

* * Presentation # #

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Oops, I think I read your issue back to front.  The issue will be similar though, the provisioning mode on the E20 is set to one when you want it set to the other.  The Factory Reset will likely assist if you're having issues changing the settings.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.