cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Expressway - Hardware failure - deleted the eth2

Chi Fai Leung
Level 1
Level 1

I deployed the Expressway C&E for the VPN-less Jabber, that is working.

Unfortunately, I deleted the "Network Adapter 3" of Expressway-E on vShpere. Now, the Expressway-E happened the hardware failure.

Exp-E LAN-1 should be the internal network and LAN-2 assigned as External Network .... LAN-3 should be for Cluster, right?
If I add back a new Network adapter 3, then it will generate the new mac address ... any impacts on that? Can work back on solving the HW issue?

3 Replies 3

Walter wigfield
Level 1
Level 1

did you ever resolve this and if you did, how did you do it?

Thanks 

Some comments about this thread.

I am not sure if there is a pattern on how the expressaway/vmware assignes the

mac adresses. It looks that the error message contains the mac which was set up.

Did you try to set it to the mac address shown in the error message.

You should be able to do so when the session is powered down (set it to manual and

try to reassign the mac which you see in the error message).

If that did not work, do a backup (or maybe better use a backup from before the issue if available and current enough) and redeploy the machine and get new license keys.

The third interface is not used by today and is for future use only. So it has to be present and

shall not be removed, but it is not used on the machine itself by today.

Clustering should be done on the first interface (and that one shall have no nat).

So yes, first interface internal, second interface public, third interface not connected in a quarantine vlan. Thats how I would deploy it.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Yes, I added back the thrid vSwitch on vSphere. After reboot, the error solved and no need to generate the license too~