cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP/VC 3540 MP

melcastillo
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco IP/VC 3540 30 PORT ENHANCED MP MODULE and the daughter card :IPVC-3540-XAM03 has been sitting in our network for a while.

The system is working as functional but apart from that, the video quality is not that enhanced.

Anybody who had updates and developments with regards to this product(s)?

Thanks in advance.

9 Replies 9

congi1234
Level 1
Level 1

Make sure the conference you have set-up use the EMP card. Also keep in mind what the EMP card is designed to do:

- Additional Video layouts for CP (continous presence)

- Provide Transcoding.. so that if one person comes in only support H.261.. the other endpoints can still support H.263..

Lastly the daughter card is the same as the EMP but it handle the audio streams..

thanks for the information.

how can i ensure that the EMP has been fully utilized? it does the CP but the video quality is not that good. please note that the traffic only running is video (and sometimes i even uses 768k) and still quality is acceptable but poor. layouts are also presented i think up to 16 different options (not sure).

MCU 3540 ver 3.2.138

MP VER 3.2.8Pf:MP

EMP VER 1.2.122:EMP

what is the roadmap for this VC products? thanks again.

Hi,

I am also facing similar issue with Cisco IPVC 3545. We have totally 15 Tandberg 990 MXP endpoints of which 11 spread across the WAN and 4 are in the same LAN where MCU is.

When we are doing a point to point call between these locations we are getting resonably good video and audio. But when we initiate conferene using MCU the video quality goes down drastically.

Any idea?

MCU - s/w version 5.1.0.0.24

EMP - S/w Version 5.1.0.0.27

first thing i would do is to create a point to point call and record your call stats (from the endpoint).. what codecs (audio and video) your using and see if there are any errors..

Then do the same on the MCU call.. you should see a difference..

then make sure the service profile supports h.264.. in addition telnet into the mcu card to make sure you don't have a codec mis-match..

let me know what you find..

when you create a service profile.. you can specify the profile to use the EMP card.. btw there is a 4.x version of code that is pretty solid.. also you should definitly look at the 5.x stuff.. MUCH better!

You are doing CP, this will jump your bandwidth up big time.

Lets say you are doing 768k call, but it is point to point. You need to ensure you have 768k of bandwidth available PLUS 20% extra for over head. Now when you are doing a 768k call using CP, and lets say for example you have 3 party's connected , the MCU will send out a 2304k stream (768k x 3). You need to ensure you can meet this bandwidth requirement, and for 20% overhead on top of this as well. If you have the bandwidth, you need to adjust your QoS aswell.

I my case, even when i am doing a conference with a single party itself, i am getting poor quality. And in this scenario both my MCU and Endpoint is in the same LAN.

Are you getting actual errors or are there no errors and the video is poor?

one way to check is to telnet into the MCU card and see if you see any fast updates or packet errors..

Just to set the expectation the 3540 MCU wasn't a very good MCU.. at best the quality is H.263.. the few times we used H.264 on this platform it looked really bad..

Hi,

I am not getting any errors. when i do a telnet in to the IPVC 3545 MCU module , for the first few seconds i can see some fast updates and after that it is becomming stable.