Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO ISDN TP Link is not connecting on COM port

Kiran Chavan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I am having CISCO ISDN TelePresence Link. I am connecting it through COM port I changed the serial port settings as per recommended settings shown in User Manual in my laptop but still console is not coming. Please help...

CISCO ISDN Telepresence Link 1.1

Regards,

Kiran Chavan.

4 Replies 4

Hi Kiran,

What's the color of a PWR led?

Does the automatic pairing mode works fine? Are you able to ssh to ISDN Link?

Did you check that your console/serial USB cable works with other devices?

Regards,

Michal

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Make sure you're using a standard serial cable, and not a cross-over/null-modem cable.

Double check that your terminal settings are correct for 115200, 8, 1, none (as per example PuTTY screenshot below).

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

I am using this type of connector and this this connected to standard console cable provided by CISCO.

And the terminal settings are correct as per mentioned on your screenshot.

And the power led shows red light.

Just use a standard straight through 9-pin serial cable rather than the Cisco console cable and adaptor you have as you can't be sure of the pinout of the RJ45-DB9 adaptor you've got.  It's likely there's a crossover or some other pinout difference in those adaptors and connectors, especially if you're having to use a gender changer.

If you're using a USB->Serial adaptor, try connecting that directly to the COM port on the ISDN link rather than using a cable between them (or use a USB extension cable on the USB end if you need additional length).

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.