cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco jabber cannot access to Phone book ?

habouzyad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Im using the folowing version of TMS and VCS , and i activated provisioning.

I configured phone book correctly and i can connect with jabber account.

From the endpoint ( ex Profile 55) , i can access to the phone book ( i can see endpoint and jabber user [sip]). but from jabber, i can only show the endpoint, but i cannot see the jebber accounts ?

Please , could someone help?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Cham

1 Reply 1

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

If you go the the jabber phonebook in manage phonebook. Open the provisioning phonebook and look at the entries. If you click on one of the entries here (if any) do they have a SIP URI linked?

As a rule you need to log in at least once with each user from a unique jabber client for the users to be populated with a SIP URI (device uri). Once populated the phonebook will update.

Are you sure you have given access to to the jabber users to view the provisioning phonebook from the access control tab in the provisioning phonebook?

Another thing, do you have the provisioning source and the endpoint source in the same phonebook? In this scenario it seems like your settings is correct since you can get one set of phonebooks (endpoints) to the jabber client. So its just a matter of populating the provisioning phonebook with uri's. What happens if you search for your own user?

/Magnus Ohm

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: