cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco MX300 2nd

jndzove01111
Level 1
Level 1

I have Cisco Mx300 2nd with two table microphones in the table, and one microphone stays red while the other is fine, i swapped them around and the same mic still does the same, i am not sure what will be the problem.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If one microphone is working while the other isn't, it sounds as if the problematic microphone needs to be replaced.  There was at one point an issue with microphones and the LED status being incorrect or not working, but as you have two microphones and one is working as expected, I don't believe that might be the case.  I'd also check to see if the cable itself has been damaged in any way, otherwise, probably request a replacement through TAC.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If one microphone is working while the other isn't, it sounds as if the problematic microphone needs to be replaced.  There was at one point an issue with microphones and the LED status being incorrect or not working, but as you have two microphones and one is working as expected, I don't believe that might be the case.  I'd also check to see if the cable itself has been damaged in any way, otherwise, probably request a replacement through TAC.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have seen this happen on a number of occasions when the users have damaged the microphone cable, either by wrapping it up too tightly, or bending it past its sensible bend radius - this breaks the conductors within the cable causing a gap or a short and giving the microphone this type of behaviour.  I have two of them in my office that have been broken in this way.

The only way to fix it is to buy a new microphone.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

jndzove01111
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

thank you for your help, i also think the solution is to buy another microphone, much appreciated