Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco MX700 not saving system name or ntp

Dallas Brown
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have a new MX700 telepresence system. When I set the system name under Configuration>System Configuration>System Unit  and hit the save button the name will update as expect on the touch pad. If I reboot the system that setting is lost without fail. Same with the ntp server ip.  Anyone else have this issue? 

The issue is a problem because the system name is what the unit uses when it registers with DHCP, which in turn means the DNS name keeps changing back to "localhost" instead of the name I choose.

Code is

Current version
TC7.3.0.8cb420c

Thanks
Dallas
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

When you register a TelePresence endpoint to CUCM, configuration of the endpoint comes from CUCM.

Administering Endpoints Running TC7.2 on UCM 10.5.1

See pg 21 for SSH and pg 25 for System Name.  Probably best to go over the entire document to make sure everything is set correctly, just in case.

I didn't see NTP in that guide, but found an older guide where it said to do the following:

Setting a NTP Reference for the endpoints
In UCM Administration > System > NTP Reference
Configure a Phone NTP Reference for the endpoints.
*The NTP Reference must be in Unicast Mode.
*Assign to Date/Time Group, which in turn is assigned to Device Pool.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Dallas Brown
Level 1
Level 1

As a workaround to the device not saving these settings threw a reboot, I was able to use a start-up script to reset them every time the device launches.

Configuration>Start-up Scripts

xConfiguration NetworkServices SSH Mode: On
xConfiguration NetworkServices NTP Address: "x.x.x.x"
xConfiguration SystemUnit Name: "my-system-name"

Hello Dallas -

How do you have the MX700 deployed and managed - CUCM, VCS, TMS?

It is registered with a CUCM 10.5 server.

When you register a TelePresence endpoint to CUCM, configuration of the endpoint comes from CUCM.

Administering Endpoints Running TC7.2 on UCM 10.5.1

See pg 21 for SSH and pg 25 for System Name.  Probably best to go over the entire document to make sure everything is set correctly, just in case.

I didn't see NTP in that guide, but found an older guide where it said to do the following:

Setting a NTP Reference for the endpoints
In UCM Administration > System > NTP Reference
Configure a Phone NTP Reference for the endpoints.
*The NTP Reference must be in Unicast Mode.
*Assign to Date/Time Group, which in turn is assigned to Device Pool.

Thanks Patrick, this all worked. Had I just scrolled down the config page I may have saw that for myself........appreciate the reply

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: