cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Navigator switch between 2 codecs

bbanford86
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to have a Cisco Navigator switch between which codec it is connected to? I would like the Cisco Navigator to connect to a Layer 1 switch and have that Layer 1 switch connect to 2 Cisco Codec EQ units. I would then choose which codec the Navigator is connected to by controlling the Layer 1 switch. Is this possible or does the Cisco Navigator need to be paired with one Codec only?

1 Reply 1

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not possible natively. The way I have done this (in a divisible room) was a managed layer two switch with each codecs link local network isolated on different VLANs. The control logic to move the RN panel is: 1) shutdown, or turn off PoE on, the port that RN is plugged into; 2) change the access VLAN of that port; and 3) turn the port or PoE back on. The RN boots and auto-pairs to the codec it can now reach.

UI extensions and a macro on the codec can do most of the work but you have to decide how to command the switch. Macros can send HTTP calls but can’t open SSH sessions (yet). You may need an intermediate box/VM/container.