cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Room Kit Pro not detecting Camera

RS1601763J2
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco Room Kit Pro connected to a quad camera.  The camera works and I have good video when in a video session.  Trouble is, in the configuration fields of the codec it says there is no camera connected.  Am I missing a step in configuration that would logically connect this camera.  Also, on the splash screen prior to starting  a video session it states there are no cameras connected.

3 Replies 3

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Make sure you have set the device up correctly as per the Installation Guide, and in particular, that you have correctly connected the network cable between the codec and the camera (in addition to the HDMI cable) - I have seen that be missed on installations previously, resulting in the error message as you have seen.

Your next option would be to re-upgrade the software on the codec to make sure it has all the required software for the peripherals it now has attached.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

michaelychen
Level 1
Level 1

I have same problem with a Room Kit Eq setup. The camera is in fact working and I can see the self view and conduct a meeting on the unit and the video feed is visible from a remote participant pov. And yet, for some reason the codec displayed the “no camera connected” message across the screen. Does Cisco use a particular HDMI cable between the camera and the codec? 

If you're seeing the video, then it's not the HDMI cable that is the issue.   The "no camera connected" message is most often that the Ethernet cable between the codec and the camera isn't connected properly, or is a bad quality cable (it is recommended to use a Cat6 cable as a minimum).  See Page 22 of the Install Guide for where to connect this cable.

The other issue that can cause this error is that the camera has a different version of software on it than the codec.  If the codec doesn't have the right firmware to send to the codec, it will be unable to automatically upgrade it to the correct version.   This can usually be fixed by re-upgrading the codec's firmware with a new copy of the firmware files (ie cmterm-s53300ce11_9_3_1.k4.cop.sha512 for an EQ).

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.