Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco sx20 ceiling mic placement

chrism
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

I have a client that wants ceiling mics in a 10m by 6m lecture room. I know the distance from ceiling mic to ceiling mic back to back is (8-14 ft (2.4 - 4.3 m ) in a meeting room, but in this case it has to cover a 10m span side by side.

what is the pick up angle for this mic, or the recomended distance when you want to mount them side by side?

Thanks

Chris

4 Replies 4

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Given that every room will have different audio characteristics, there isn't any simple answer to where they should be best placed.

There's a guideline to the mounting height of microphones (see image below), but I havent' seen anything for horizontally.  I have however been in a room where there have been two as close as 1m from each other, and others that are evenly spaced across the width.

Yout best bet is to test them in the room you are going to use and work out what best meets your requirements.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Take a look at Project Workplace Briefing 24, it's a good reference to the placement of the Cisco Ceiling Microphones, and is close to the width of your room size.

Hi,

Was this (project workplace briefing 24) instlalled? and if so is the ceiling microphone pick up sufficinett of all participants in the room?

If you look at the bottom of the web page linked before, it says: "This is a representation of a physical setup built and tested by Cisco R&D."

So, yes, the Project Workplace designs are actual rooms.  In this case, the room is in Tokyo.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.