Helpful
Replies

Cisco SX80 Startup after power loss

Matthew Knight
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

A really quick one...

I have a SX80 deployed at a remote location and we've had a few instances where the device has been  inadvertently disconnected from the power.  When the power is returned, the device does not return to operation without someone pressing the power button.

Is there a way to force the device to power up to previous state on power recovery, rather than the off state?

I know it is a simple thing, but it would make my life a bit easier if i didn't have to talk someone through pressing the power button...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you want to know if someone is hitting the power button, look for the following line in application.log under Diagnostics > Log Files on the SX80.

PowerButtonSensor I: powerButtonReaderTask::powerButtonPushed

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I just tested with an SX80 here in the office by unplugging the power cable anywhere from 1-15 minutes, when I plugged it back in, it started right back up without needing to hit the power button.  I can try to leave it unplugged over night and see what happens when I come back the next morning.

Hi

That's the behaviour that I'm after, but the one I have seems to be different...  Unfortunately, i can't see a way to modify the behaviour  Its running 7.3.2 firmware and we TMS to manage it

Unless I'm on the wrong track and someone is pressing the power button off; possible but difficult to verify!

>Unless I'm on the wrong track and someone is pressing the power button off; possible but difficult to verify

Yes, this is the case.  Not too hard to verify either

2015-07-24T14:32:07.709+01:00 xxxxxxxx eventlog[1244]: bootnotifier: Shutdown is requested

If you want to know if someone is hitting the power button, look for the following line in application.log under Diagnostics > Log Files on the SX80.

I just plugged the power cable back into the SX80 I have here in my office, and it immediately started to power up.  It's been unplugged for almost 24 hours.